Sunday, June 17, 2012

Homey Colours

Here I sit in my almost grown up looking home.

After living here for 9 months, I can almost say that I am comfortable in here.  Not that it's uncomfortable but it is just about how I want it to look.

Tossed the beat up old futon and now have a big comfy (and purple!) sofa, fabulous green curtains and random green accents (like a huge bamboo vase) in my living room.  Thanks Alison ;)  And it all ties in with the purple and green of my dining room.  Who knew that just decorating could make a place not just look better, but feel better, too?

And my bed room is slowly getting there.  Of course, when we moved here my son's room was the first to get done, closely followed by the kitchen.  But today I put up curtains in my room and bought sheets!  Wow.  Sheets on the bed instead of covering the window!!  

I think the next room to get taken care of, after mine is good enough to actually show people, will be the bathroom.  Not that there is all that much that can be done to it as it is quite small, but at least getting matching things might help a little.

One day I hope to figure out how to get photos on here, then you can all see the work that has gone into this place.  I am proud enough of it to want to show it off.

73 & 88.....

No comments: