Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Why a Blog?

I have been asked why I want to keep a blog.  I can understand why I would be asked that.  No one even knows about this yet, so why do I do it?

That is one of the simplest things for me to answer.  I do it for me.  

There are some days that I just want to vent and I might go on and on about what happened in my day to frustrate me.  Being a mom of 2 boys can be a little straining sometimes and this is a great way to let the feelings out.

There are other days, like I had yesterday, where all I want to do it write.  I often have nothing to say, but there is something about the actual act of typing that seems to relax me these days.  I know that I do not really have anything of note to say, and that what does end up here might even bore someone to tears!  But that is not my problem.  As I said, this is for me.  If others seem to take an interest, then good for them.  I don't mine.  I know that with a previous online journal, I love to write it in, and hear other points of view.  There were some great discussion had and friends made.

Then there are the days that I find I have something that needs to be said (I have a few posts of the sort here, just not sure if I want to make them public yet, just in case someone does find this).  Not one to write a 'Letter to the Editor', it is quite nice to have a place to put strong feelings and thoughts.

I think these are the main reasons that I miss the old journal.  It gave me something to do and look back on.  And it was mine.  I'm not really a very good writer as I do tend to rant and skip around topics.  A 'normal' person might not even think that what I say makes sense!  

But my blog is just that.  Mine.  What is yours to you?

No comments: